Do you have a business? If the answer is yes, then you have a lot of data. Now more than ever it’s important that you know how to make the most of it. Industry trends come and go, technology advances, and systems need upgrading, so how do you respond? In short, your data architecture needs to be future-proof: Easily governed, flexible, scalable, and auditable –A Data Vault model can address these factors and more. In this first episode of a two-part series, The Engineering Side of Data Podcast, Data Vault Authorized Training Partner and owner of DataRebels, Cynthia Meyersohn, joins Bob Hafner and Mike Meyer to give her take on where the industry is and discuss the real-world value that a Data Vault Model provides.
Here are some things you can expect to gain from giving this episode a listen:
- An understanding of just what a Data Vault model is and isn’t, and what it can add to your business.
- How Data Vault modeling and Agile business practices complement each other
- Good engineering practices in data-governance, including discussion of versioning, auditability, and system upgrades
- Who stands to gain business value from using a Data Vault model
- The importance of business ontology
If you’re a practitioner of Data Vault or interested in becoming one, stay tuned! In part 2 of this series, Cynthia will be discussing some of the future plans for Data Vault and how it is adapting to the newest technologies. Subscribe to our Rebel Media and get notified as soon as it’s released!