Ready your crew and prepare to launch your own Data Vault in this two-week training and implementation process. This service, unique to DataRebels, trains your selected team in the Data Vault methodology and coaches them through a full development cycle providing tangible measurable value to your business.
Ready. Set. Build.
Ready Your Team
Set Your Data
Build Your Data Vault
Implement your solution quickly using agile techniques while building a long-term asset. It’s the ultimate combination of short-term speed and long-term value.
Ready Your Team
This Kickstart package is a combined 2-week effort either on-site or remote that not only trains your team in Data Vault 2.0 but engages them immediately after training by providing hands-on implementation and build out utilizing all the lessons covered in the class.
They’ll be introduced to a number of concepts as a greenfield set of ideas – transferring ideas to practical application – during the implementation cycle as we assist your team in leveraging best practices while engaged in the build out phase.
Training covers the following concepts:
- Data Vault 2.0 Modeling (in-depth) – Hubs, Links, Satellites, Business Vault, Introduction to Virtual Information Marts (info marts)
- Data Vault ETL /ELT Implementation best practices (reusable template-driven designs)
- Data Vault 2.0 Methodology – handling real-time batch feeds, how-to build a managed self-service BI platform, introduction to SCRUM and Agile project management for Data Vault projects, Risk and Mitigation strategies, Introductory looks at Six Sigma, TQM, and Error handling (best practices) including Big Data and what it means, how to integrate NoSQL platforms seamlessly with your relational environment
- Data Vault 2.0 Architecture – using a 3-tier architecture identify where Managed Self-Service BI resides, how adjacent tiers interact, staging areas, and how to deal with real-time information feeds.
Set Your Data
Hardware for development & sandbox testing
- Data for loading within the scope of implementation – MUST be available in a staging capacity before the Kick Start begins
- Your selected team members must have solid familiarity with the data from the business’ perspective
- ETL / ELT or SQL tooling – MUST be in place and the team must already have a working knowledge of the tool set
- Database Engine or Instance – MUST be in place and working prior the Kick Start beginning.
Build Your Data Vault
After we have trained your team (standard three-day CDVP2 Boot Camp course) the consulting portion of the Kickstart launches.
During the remaining seven days of the Kickstart, the instructor works closely with the team in an oversight and guidance capacity participating in daily stand-up meetings (SCRUM reviews), helping the project manager escalate priorities with the business when necessary, looking for bottlenecks in the sourcing and acquisition process, and continuing to offer corrective guidance for the team while they are implementing your Data Vault.
The instructor will raise red flags, assess risks of the team not meeting the Kickstart objectives by the deadline, and effectively communicate these risks with your project managers and business stakeholders. It is the job of your project manager to execute mitigation strategies that are decided upon by the business stakeholders. The instructor will also provide working templates for a two-week implementation project plan, a sample risk assessment document, and a sample change request document.
At the end the instructor will write a short review of the entire two-week effort where the team stands and what they need to do next to continue in a successful direction.
The following elements must be defined and are included as part of the Statement of Work that is submitted and agreed upon before the kickstart package can take place.
Scope of implementation – jointly decided between the authorized instructor / Kickstart Coach and your project manager.
Assigned/Named team implementation members – who will participate in the Kickstart Package. The team members must be allocated 100% to the training and the project during the Kickstart engagement. It is the only way we can ensure success.
Assigned / Named resources for training – the team members who will be implementing must be listed in both training and implementation teams. There may be however additional resources attending the training who do not wish to participate in the implementation cycle.
Definition of goals for implementation – a descriptive paragraph or two that provides the guidance and goals of the implementation in other words – what do you want to see as a result of the Kickstart package? This is written jointly with the authorized instructor / Kickstart Coach and your project manager.
Short skills assessment of each of the implementation team members i.e. how well versed are they in SCRUM / AGILE? Data Modeling? Database Administration? ETL?
Business Sponsorship must be in-place so the objectives or goals are prioritized.
Note: There are prerequisite conditions that need to be fulfilled before we engage with you. To qualify for the Kickstart you will need to satisfy the conditions outlined above. Due to the intensity of the program, we are limited in the number of Kickstart engagements we accept annually.